Sunday, December 2, 2007

My little Meme

Sew Mama Sew is having a little activity for us craft bloggers. It is share our holiday projects and traditions and ideas. Here's mine:


  • Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
I love to make jams and jellies during the summer, mostly from things I've grown in my garden, to give to my neighbors, Clint's friends at work, visiting teaching sisters, etc.. I decorate the jars really cute and it's something that can be done by October and I don't have to think about it again until I'm ready to give it.

  • If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
Well there's this little apron for Violet. She's also getting a little duster and broom (both from the dollar store) to go with it.
I've also made jammies and dresses for both girls, but I'm afraid they'll look over my shoulder and see them if I post them now.

  • Name one thing on your personal wish list.
I would just about die for an embroidery machine.

  • Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts?
I am in the process of getting any Etsy Shop right now. I need to take pictures and the weather has been cloudy, so the light hasn't been good for that. Keep watching my blog!

Traditions

  • Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up?
We have a jar full of little scraps of paper, one for each day in December. Each paper has something to do for that day. All different things like, drive around and look at the Christmas lights, read part of the Christmas story, build a snowman etc..
  • What do you love most about the holiday season?
I just love the closeness you feel to family during the Christmas season.
  • What do you like least about the holiday season?
I wish it wasn't so cold. Cold makes me hurt. But on the other hand, if Christmas was during a warmer time of year, I'd have to go through the cold months with nothing to look forward to!
  • What is your favorite holiday food?
Apple pie
  • Do you have a great recipe to share?
We always make snowball cookies. They're really just Mexican wedding cakes, but my kids like to call them snowball cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the embroidery machine! My SIL has one but since we live thousands of miles from one another, I've only been able to use it once...and I didn't know she had it when I got there so I didn't even take a bunch of stuff to embroider!

    ReplyDelete