Tuesday, November 27, 2007

So sleepy today

So I sat down to sew at about 8:00 last night, thinking I'd sew until 9 and then go to bed. This was my project. A little apron for Violet's Christmas. It turned out so cute with the eyelet lace at the top, and I was having so much fun, that I finished it and ironed the last little bit and looked at the clock...and it was 10:12! How did that happen!?! My sweet husband laughed at me. Oh well, it's done and she'll love it.

This one will fit a very skinny 2 year old, here's how I made it:

Cut two rectangles 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" for the bib. I used plain muslin for the back.
Cut a strip 10 1/2" x 45" for the skirt. If your fabric is 45" you don't have to hem the sides ;)
Cut two 3" strips for the ties.

Assemble however you think best :P

If I had taken more pictures I would write up a whole tutorial, but I didn't.

Here's a picture of the back.
I gathered the skirt to about 18". The waist ties are 60" long, and the neck strap ties in back so I can adjust as she grows.

I'm laughing out loud now because I just realized that every post with a picture in it, has a picture of my chair!! I mean, I love that chair, but geeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment