Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Inspiration

My sewing has been rather minimalist in nature. The girls need dresses, I make dresses. I need a skirt, I make a skirt. A customer needs a new zipper, I replace the zipper. I get done what I need done as quickly as possible.

Until now.

I finally finished my Grandmother's antique sewing desk. The old kind with the hole in the top for the OLD sewing machine to fit into. I re-painted it and put 16 inch tile on the top. It looks so pretty, I just love using it.


Now, my machines are accessible anytime and all my tools are at my finger tips. I don't have to spend 10 minutes getting everything out to sew for 5 minutes and then 10 more minutes to put it all way. Now I have time to really enjoy working on a project.

Here's my other inspiration.



Isn't it cute! This little baby took me about 6 hours, but I had so much fun! Now I'm all set to take lots of time and make the things I make really special.

3 comments:

  1. Nice bag! I need a table and nook like yours. I have so many projects piled up, but no time! What with photos, working on the 'puter, and trying to keep up with my two monkeys that NEVER stop moving(!!) I just don't ever have enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! And you have a lot more on your plate and your monkeys are littler than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog thru sew, mama, sew! great stuff.

    i'm making this same bag but the smaller version. i'm really having a hard time with it. i'm about half way. its nice to know that it took you 6 hours! now i don't think i'm so pokey. any tips for the binding, i'm almost there and it scares the heck out of me.

    gail

    ReplyDelete