Thursday, February 10, 2011

A happy, upbeat post

Well that last post was a big ball of depressing.  Sorry about that.  I've been trying to push through all the emotional stuff and think about my work rationally.  The reality is that I'm sick for months at a time.  It sucks, but it's not a death sentence.  I can use my creativity in other ways.  I can find things to do that don't require standing or sitting up straight.  I can take things one day at a time.

So I'm going to work on my poor little neglected supply shop and I'm exploring other fun crafty options which may or may not actually work, but that I can do partially reclined on the couch.  I'll post about that later.



And since every blog post should have a picture, here's my girls in their matching first day of school outfits that I made.  You can't see the details at all, but their faces are just so sweet! 

Okay fine, one more pic.  The top is a very soft cotton knit.  It's black with little itty bitty white polka dots (which don't show in the pic at all but the add a nice softness to the overall look) and I embroidered a redwork paisley in bright pink on Willow's and purple on Violet's.  Then I put another layer of fabric at the yoke so the embroidery wouldn't be scratchy on the girls' skin.  I do want them to actually wear it!  The skirt is a charcoal grey rib knit.

Look at that!  A happy, upbeat post!  Hooray!

3 comments:

  1. You can see it better if you click on the pictures. Cute, cute, cute girls! And almost as cute (very stiff competition) outfits.

    ReplyDelete