Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A new purse, bitter cold and a good day

I think I'll go ahead and do the first entry for the embroidery contest.


I made this purse out of my favorite skirt that I tore a hole in long before it should have worn out. I was so sad. I made a replacement skirt but it's not even as nice. This pretty purse cheers me up a little bit.


It's been so COLD! We always have a cold snap that lasts for 2 weeks or so. Right now at 7:30am it's 0 degrees outside. Even if I wanted to go anywhere I couldn't. My van won't start when it's this cold. Oh well, I'm getting lots of sewing done. I'll try and do a shop update today. It didn't work yesterday, something was wrong with Etsy's picture server or something.

Today is going to be a great day. I'm going to get stuff done, I'm going to be patient with my girls, we're going to do school and we're going to make this day a good day dang it! We've had a rotten week so far. Actually, last week was pretty awful too. But we are going to start afresh today and turn this week around. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this cute bag! I have been recycling worn out clothes, too. My hubby's jeans keep wearing out in the belt loops and the back pockets. I will only patch once...after that, it gets recycled. I made 2 pairs of super cute jeans for E-V out of 2 pairs of his pants...She loves them. She goes around saying "these used to be daddy's pants, but now they are mine and they are too small for him" whenever she wears them! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete